Storyboard
I found creating the storyboard for my blog to be difficult, but eventually helpful. While trying to plan it out, I found myself becoming more and more detailed and I struggled to figure out exactly how in depth I was meant to go into with the storyboard. Explained best by Higgins in his article “Storyboard your way to success”, “...storyboarding is ideal for solving complex problems - not only for providing solutions, but also for defining different aspects of a problem.” Working out every angle and making sure the events and different aspects of the scenes made sense and were appealing was tedious and time-consuming act. Eventually, I ended up do a storyboard “draft” plan sheet to then fill out the actual storyboarding sheets, which helped me figure out how much I was meant to incorporate while keeping it short and descriptive. I enjoyed drawing out the pictures, it truly helped me express what I visualized in my head onto a piece of paper, however I disliked the fact that I had to color in my drawings. I felt as though it took away from the artistic flexibility of the work and changed the way I truly envisioned it. My goal with the storyboard was to live up to the expectation that, “Good films are the direct result of good ideas, good planning and good preparation.” (O’Brian, Filmmaking Across the Curriculum...). I feel that using this method of planning truly helped me fulfill that expectation and secure my confidence in the progress and validity in my story. Through storyboarding, I found that I had to make some large adjustments to my grand ideas I planned through my concept refinement. I originally planned for my project to include four scenes, but I had to cut that number in half, since it would take too much time to film four full length scenes and as well would be too long to fulfill Cambridge’s time limitations for the film.






Comments
Post a Comment