Post-Production 1- “Editing Troubles”
After filming and editing my first rough cut of my portfolio, there was still some editing and revision to be done. One of the first things I did to improve my portfolio was fading out the pledge of allegiance before the teacher sat down to avoid confusion and fill that plot hole. I also raised the volume of Troy speaking in most of his scenes to try and make him sound clearer. One of my biggest critiques I received was that Troy’s monologues seemed too long and scripted. This was of course not my direct intention; I was aiming for a more sophisticated and assertive tone to come off Troy, but then again, I can only work with what I have in a public high school. I decided to keep the monologues the way they were because, even though some of my classmates thought it should’ve been shorter, they aren't exactly my target audience. I want to keep all the lines I included because I believe they are essential to telling the story I envisioned it to the best of my ability.
Comments
Post a Comment